Simplifydigital is proud to support Ofcom in their Customer Experience 2015 report. This marks the start of an ongoing relationship between Ofcom and Simplifydigital, their retained market data supplier for the UK telco market.
The Customer Experience 2015 report investigates whether the market promotes competition and works effectively for consumers.
Simplifydigital’s role has been to provide Ofcom with data and insights using the Simplifydigital Product Database - the definitive view of the UK broadband, home-phone and pay-TV market. This is a real-time database of over 4,500 package permutations. For every package, over 150 price and feature variables are held for the last four years.
This data has formed the basis of the reports’ key conclusions:
- Promotional discounting is on the increase. While this may be positive for some consumers, a growing gap between promotional prices and standard ‘list’ prices mean that consumers who are not engaged with the market may find themselves paying more.
- Increasingly complex pricing may confuse consumers and lead to poor purchasing decisions or consumers being put off engaging with the market. Bundling, discounting, time-limited offers and an increasing number of different packages may be making it more difficult for consumers to compare services and identify the best deals. A key observation here has been that higher line rental to some extent reflects tariff re-structuring in the context of falling use.
Note to editors
- For further information on how Simplifydigital can provide data and insight on the UK broadband, home-phone and pay-TV market please contact Vladimir Radivojev, Data Director, on email@example.com
- Started in 2007, Simplifydigital is the UK’s largest independent broadband, digital TV and home phone Switching Service. We help customers find the best package for their property, so they can save on their bills. We are proud to have a fully Ofcom-accredited Price Comparison Calculator and offer a free, UK-based telephone switching service.
- Address: Simplifydigital Ltd, Landmark House, Hammersmith Bridge Road, LONDON, W6 9DP
Telephone: 020 8735 8379